Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the mechanic position today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
We're currently seeking a Field / Shop Service Mechanic Technician (Bolm).
Wheeler is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Wheeler is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
What Oldcastle offers you:
• Highly competitive rate of pay
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefit programs. Vision, Life and Short Term Disability.
• Group retirement savings program
• Health and wellness programs
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
• Experience in truck and/or heavy equipment maintenance and repair, including diesels, hydraulic systems and electrical systems preferred.
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program. CDL preferred.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures.
• Report any problems to your manager.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
• Analyze malfunctions and repairs, rebuild and maintain equipment.
• Operate and inspect machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
• Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists as well as hand power tools.
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
• Replace defective engines and sub-assemblies, such as transmissions, electric motors, drums, seals, hydraulic pumps, valves, pistons, rods, gears, etc.
• Test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment).
• Weld broken parts and structural members.
• May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
• Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
• Plan work procedures and / or possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts and rearrangement of parts or sub-assemblies.
• Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
• Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of equipment / vehicles.
• Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
• Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
• Services vehicles and equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.