Quality Control Technician
Marble Falls, TX
401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the mechanic position today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
We're currently seeking a Quality Control Technician.
As the Quality Control Technician you will provide inspection, testing services, and documentation for plant facilities; develop and maintain relationships with key customers, facility managers, DOT personnel, State, County, and Municipal personnel; and develop and maintain relationships with suppliers. You will also be responsible for the evaluation of volumetric data necessary for adjustments to mix production to ensure compliance for all applications and projects.
Wheeler is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Wheeler is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
What Oldcastle offers you:
• Highly competitive rate of pay
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefit programs. Vision, Life and Short Term Disability.
• Group retirement savings program
• Health and wellness programs
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Less than one year of experience in a related field is required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must obtain and maintain DOT certifications required to test asphalt as required by state regulations.
• Must know and understand all DOT regulations, such as sampling frequency, sampling methods, graduation requirements, quality requirements, etc.
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program.
• Must have strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including face shield, safety (hard toe) shoes, and coveralls.
• Use accepted methods to inspect, sample, and test aggregates, asphalt, or other materials for the purpose of quality control.
• Sample and test mixtures to stay in compliance with contract specifications and quality control tolerance.
• Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure our products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer.
• Prepare and record accurate information and maintain test results database.
• Obtain required certifications in a timely manner.
• Maintain all laboratory equipment, keeping track of all certification paperwork on lab scales and other equipment that requires annual re-certification.
• Follow quality control plans and guidelines as assigned.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
• Follow all company policies and OSAH / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures.
• Perform general cleaning of work areas.
• Comply with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations.
• Must have or acquire basic computer skills and be able to work with e-mail and simple spreadsheets.
• Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
• Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
• Must be able to sit or stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift, carry and hold materials, tools, and supplies.
• Must have vision abilities (with correction), including close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to hold weights of 5-10 lbs. in a stretched arm position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (minimum) on a repetitive basis.
You must be able to endure exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and all weather conditions.
• Must be able to work weekends, both day and night shifts when necessary.
• Must be able to work extended hours if needed.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.