Water Truck Driver
Sorry, this job has expired.
Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
Wheeler is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Wheeler is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
We're currently seeking a Water Truck Driver.
What Oldcastle Offers You:
• Highly competitive rate of pay
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefit programs. Vision, Life and Short Term Disability.
• Group retirement savings program
• Health and wellness programs
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
• Possess a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Preferred at least 2 year of related experience or training
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold a class B license with tanker endorsement.
• Pass a pre-employment physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
• Report any problems to your manager.
• Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
• Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
• Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
• Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
• Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
• Assure product quality to the best of the driver’s ability.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
• Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
• Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
• When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
• Assist in training less experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
• Perform general labor duties when necessary.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Wheeler is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.